Register for Summer Camps 2019 here.
Great Falls Youth Rugby can now provide your child with a fun and challenging week-long camp.
The Campers will be provided with a unique training experience that is demanding and effective.
We now offer a 1/2 DAY RUGBY ONLY option, as well as a FULL DAY to include a trip to the Water Mine/Adventure Camp afternoon, in
partnership with Baroody Camps. Read more about them here.
Our Rugby Camps cater to kids in the 4-14 ** year old range.
These camps are NON-CONTACT.**
The Campers practice and play a form of touch rugby (2-hand touch around the waist). It is a fun, safe team game that
develops a range of ball handling, running and evasion skills. Most importantly, the participants learn the core values
of rugby (and life!): the importance of teamwork,
respect for opponents, referees and coaches,
which is generated through honesty and fair play. And the camaraderie!
The kids learn to work together in close-knit situations, and friendships are bonded in no time!
Our coaches: all our coaches hold USA Rugby certification and have played rugby at college and/or club level, some in
so-called 'tier-one' rugby-playing countries. All are excited to pass on thier experience to your children.
|CAMPS FORMING NOW!
|COED, AGES 4-14**
|LEARN CORE VALUES
|FUN AND SAFE
** We are flexible. If you have kids transitioning from tag to tackle, or if some skills need reinforcement;
we will arrange TACKLE/CONTACT clinics (rucks/mauls etc) and/or one-on-one training. Furthermore, we will make sure that kids are separated according to age, where possible.
Send over an email if you are interested.
Email Gary Coetzee or call at 703.216-5323
Great Falls camps: Leo Santaballa Field, behind the library located at 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls VA 222066
Others to added shortly
Membership to USA Rugby with Liability and Accident insurance included
See details below.
Day Camp Details
- All rugby experience levels, boys and girls. Bring mouth guard, cleats, water, snack
- Fun games, Passing, Kicking, Spacing, Evasion, Field Position.
- We will open/expand according to demand (age range & skills including contact/tackle clinics, one-on-one at your convenience).
- Cost for Great Falls Rugby 1/2 day Camps: $120.00.
- ADD afternoon option to 5:00pm: Adventure Camp/Water Mine.
- Includes lunch & free play 12-1pm, transport to Reston Water Mine, return to Great Falls Library at 5:00pm
- Total cost for FULL DAY RUGBY/ADVENTURE Camp: $399.00
Day Camp dates:
- Camp 1: June 24-28, Rugby Session: 9am to NOON
- Camp 1: June 24-28, Lunch, play and Water Mine/Adventure to 5pm back at Great Falls library.
- Camp 2: August 12-16, Rugby Session: 9am to NOON
- Camp 2: August 12-16, Lunch, play and Water Mine/Adventure to 5pm back at Great Falls library.
- Additional camps will be formed as needed. Contact me if you would like other dates
Great Falls Youth Rugby: we strive to build a true rugby culture in Northern Virginia, player by player,
providing a traditional rugby experience to boys and girls of all ages. We offer a safe environment for your children to learn
a fun sport, and gain personal development though the core values of rugby (and life!): Teamwork, Respect, Discipline,
Integrity; Leadership and Camaraderie! All this while improving Conditioning, Decision- Making, Hand/eye coordination,
Technique & Safety .. This is RUGBY!!
Learn more about our season-long activities and leagues